main_logo_copy.png shop the store_1.png like_us_on_fb.png

Thread: Wisconsin approves statewide rifle for 2013

Wisconsin approves statewide rifle for 2013

The reasoning is it's safer then a slug gun. Ok, yet deer drives cause the most gunshot victims every year. IMO, end deer drives, gun party hunting and the public land guys deer hunt experience becomes much better.

Rifles state wide....To me says "we want more deer killed everywhere". I don't follow the logic on rifles being "safer" than shotguns during deer drives. I would like to see where they referenced that data from.
    Don't forget to hit the record button!

Quote Originally Posted by Blindsniper View Post
    Rifles state wide....To me says "we want more deer killed everywhere". I don't follow the logic on rifles being "safer" than shotguns during deer drives. I would like to see where they referenced that data from.
    You are correct it is all about more dead deer south of hwy 29. The DNR is selling this under the safety banner. They showed the last 20 years of Wisconsin gunshot accidents majority were shotguns. Shocking results when the majority of hunters had to use shotguns. Stats can be spun to meet any agenda.
    Xbows, rifles,dmap=more dead deer south of hwy 29.
    The private landowner has proven they will not take care of herd control so the DNR will do anything to get dpsm within goal.