main_logo_copy.png

Thread: The Albino buck...full body mount

The Albino buck...full body mount

My guess is most of you have seen the video clips, pictures, and the sheds I found from the world record albino buck from Buffalo County, WI. In fact many of you have probably even help the sheds at some point. We've taken them to all the shows we have attended the past 5 years. The story never gets old. About a year ago I had replicas made. Antlers by Klaus is known as one of the best in the industry. Recently he was able to come across a full body albino cape and did a full body mount with my sheds (replicas). It was pretty awesome to see this mount. I've got plenty of cherished memories with this buck when he was alive and to see the albino buck laying there it definitely brought back a lot of awesome times in the deer woods.

Klaus had this mount at the Iowa Deer Classic last weekend. I think I made about a dozen trips over there to look at it myself. Every time there people had the cameras out. It's definitely something you just don't get to see everyday that's for sure. I am super pumped to have this buck in our booth at the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Expo in April. This is another show that has always been a good one and with this buck in our booth is only going to make it better.

A big thanks to Klaus and his wife Nola for making this happen. Also, thanks to Derek aka blindsniper for his help.

I can't wait to see it this weekend!

Good for John and Congrats, this is WAY COOL!

GHOST DVD Playing at the show with the buck below it is how I would ROLL!

Last edited by Shooter; 03-07-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Rob Stenger (AKA: Shooter)
    WTW Staff & WTW Team Member
    rob@whitetailworld.com

Gamehide Pro Staff - www.gamehide.com
    Time to Reflect, Game Plan and Think

Absolutely incredible mount! I've always wanted to do a full body mount of a buck I kill but this one is just incredible knowing some of the history!! Very well done!!
    Love THIS land and pass IT on!!

Awesome! I can't wait to see it in person.
    Welcome to my world WHITETAILWORLD

I need to go take a look at him this weekend, don't know why I didn't in IA.
    Whitetailworld Staff

corey@whitetailworld.com

I saw it at the IDC and it is VERY impressive and it did make it hit home more knowing that I knew the story and had held those sheds for the first time this year.
    would like to thank the following 2014 sponsors:
    Mrs. Doe Pee's http://www.mrsdoepee.com/Home_Page.html
    Muddy Outdoors http://www.gomuddy.com/
    Black Eagle Arrows http://www.blackeaglearrows.com/
    Bowstix Bow Bipod http://bowstix.com
    Busted Beak Waterfowl Lanyards https://www.facebook.com/bustedbeakwaterfowllanyards
    Whitetail Instuitute of North America http://www.whitetailinstitute.com/

That is one of the most amazing mounts I have ever seen can't wait to see it with my own eyes in Mad town.....

That is truly a one of a kind buck and that mount is very impressive.

What do you mean "when he was alive"? Is he dead?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbuckhunter View Post
    What do you mean "when he was alive"? Is he dead?
    He is deceased.

Incredible! What a rare animal.
    2013PSE DNA 30/60
    Elite GT500
    Browning .300 win mag.
    T/C 50 cal.
    Mossberg 835 customized 3.5" 12ga.

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

I hadn't heard that he was dead. Was he taken illegally? car? wolves? what's the scoop?

Quote Originally Posted by ibbuckhunter View Post
    I hadn't heard that he was dead. Was he taken illegally? car? wolves? what's the scoop?
    Old age and coyotes. You should get a copy of The Ghost Buck dvd it's definitely a must have for your video library.

The ghost buck is a great dvd!
    "CHASE THE DREAM"
    2009 Mathews Monster
    340 Easton Axis N-fused Arrows
    100 grain 2 Bladed Chisled Tip Rage

Incredible Animal!!! I as well had a Albino Buck running around one of my properties several years ago in Washington County, Iowa!!! I came across him dead during the 2011 1st shotgun season and called the Iowa DNR!!! They came to my house asap and took the impressive albinos rack! Few weeks later the DNR called me so I could take them to the carcuss and and they picked up every bone to the albino whitetail. I still to this day haven't got the slightest idea where the albino deer is located. I have several pix of him dead. He had 13 points and was 27 inside spread.Name:  Albino Buck (8).jpg
Views: 845
Size:  39.5 KBName:  Albino Buck (16).jpg
Views: 1411
Size:  51.4 KBName:  Albino Buck (18).jpg
Views: 3373
Size:  35.7 KB

What a shame THIA&MO, can't believe they wouldn't keep you informed since it was on your property! Are white/albino deer protected there where it was in Iowa?
    Love THIS land and pass IT on!!

Another very cool albino! Thanks for sharing that story and the pics! Albinos are protected in Iowa as well. MN does not have such protection for them. That is the way the DNR usually is with the carcasses of albino deer. They take everything. If our albino would have died with a hard set of antlers on his head, I'm sure they would have done the same with him. I would guess they use them for study. Look at the bones for any kind of disease issues, nutrition issues, and other antomical differences with brown deer.
    Don't forget to hit the record button!

That is one awesome animal!! Very nice!